The FMC-950 and FMC-951 boards are FPGA Mezzanine Cards providing both HyperLink and Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) connectivity designed with controlled impedance PCB traces. The FMC-950/FMC-951 are designed to provide connectivity between HyperLink enabled Texas Instruments DSP EVM boards and FPGA based development platforms with FMC connections. HyperLink consists of both low speed single ended signals and high speed differential signals. The low speed sideband control signals consist of 4 sets of unidirectional LVCMOS clock and data pairs used for power management and protocol flow control. The low voltage regulators and level shifters safely adapt the LVCMOS to the varying FPGA I/O voltage standards. The high speed pairs are PCML-compatible clock data- recovery SERDES pins. The FMC-950/FMC-951 also supports two LVDS Analog Front End (AFE) input connectors which are routed to the FPGA mezzanine connector. The AFE connector signals consist of 9 pairs of source synchronous DDR LVDS data and a sample clock. The FMC-950/FMC-951 connections are specifically designed to adapt the physical electrical connections of up to two of the Texas Instruments AFE EVM’s such as the AFE5808EVM Ultrasound AFE board. AFE support is dependent on the FPGA carrier board’s I/O resources and is not guaranteed for all platforms.
Contact Integre to determine which FMC Connectivity Card is best suited for your hardware platform.
- 1 HyperLink Interface – iPass+ HD Connector SERDES Interface,
- 4 Lane Full Duplex (3.125 Gbps/lane, 12.5 total) Sideband Station Management Interface – LVCMOS 4 Pair I/O
- 2 Analog Front End Interfaces
- 9 Pair each source synchronous DDR LVDS data and clock
- 1 FPGA Mezzanine Interface – FMC
- On board high performance, low-jitter 156.25 MHz LVDS oscillator
- 63mm x 84 mm Single FMC
- 0° C (32° F) to 55° C (131° F).
- This product is RoHS compliant.
FMC-950 or FMC-951 – Which to Use
- The FMC-950 uses the Vadj from the FPGA mezzanine connector to power the 156.25MHz serdes reference oscillator. The oscillator is compatible with 2.5V to 3.3V so Vadj needs to be in that range.
- Newer FPGA development boards started providing 1.8V on Vadj. The FMC-951 was created so that the 156.25MHz serdes reference oscillator no longer is powered from Vadj, but from 3.3V.
- The FMC-950 is only compatible with host motherboards where Vadj is 2.5V to 3.3V (for example, the FMC-950 is not compatible with Xilinx VC707, VC709). The FMC-951 should be used on all host boards providing 1.8 Vadj.
Warranty and Support
- This product has a one year warranty
- 950-LB-PLUG – HyperLink Loopback Plug
- 950-HL-CABLE – HyperLink 0.5M Cable
- One (1) HyperLink Connectivity Card – FMC-950 or FMC-951
- Hardware Manual
- One (1) HyperLink 0.5M Cable
- Four (4) Mounting Screws
- Two (2) Standoffs